This page is designed to provide you with information about how we use the personal data and information that you provide to us during your use of the ao-collects.com website and any communication (for example telephone) made between us relating to such use.
AO Recycling Limited is the data controller of the information you provide. AO Recycling Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 05486613. We are part of the AO World PLC group of companies and our registered office address is 5A Parklands, Lostock, Bolton, BL6 4SD.
Your Information and Why We Process It
The information we collect when you place an order with us includes name, address, telephone numbers.
We only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we’re obliged to legally. There are a few reasons why we use your personal details:
- if you contact us with an enquiry either by telephone or email.
- to process any order that you place on our website and arrange for its collection.
- to maintain any registered accounts, you have with us;
- if you have arranged a collection from us, we may contact you from time to time, by email or telephone regarding our latest promotional offers, products and services that we think you may be interested in;
- to train our employees to ensure that we are providing the best possible service;
- to get in touch regarding customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
- to analyse any problems with our website and improve its performance;
- when you engage with us on any social media platform;
- we also use personal details to contact you regarding our services and products and if we need to verify your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes;
- for crime or fraud prevention purposes;
Basis for Processing
For ao-collects.com to be allowed to process your personal data, we must have a legal basis for the processing. The data protection legislation sets out what these bases are. We have described below the different bases that we rely on and provided examples of the processing.
There are some contractual reasons why we must process your personal data. When you pay for one of our services, it creates a contract between us. We need to process the personal data that you provide in order to fulfil our part of the contract. If you do not provide your details, we won’t be able to complete your order.
Sometimes we are required to process the personal data that we hold about you for legal reasons. For example we may be audited by environmental agency to ensure we comply with all environmental law.
We also rely on being able to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests. When we do this, we will always consider your interests and balance any positive or negative impact relating to such processing and your legal rights relating to data protection. The legitimate interests of ao-collects.com do not automatically override your interests.
If you do not want us to process any of the personal data we have listed as being processed for legitimate purposes, you have the right to object. For more information see the section below relating to your rights. Please note that if you object, we may continue to process your personal data in certain circumstances. Please also remember that if we can’t process your personal data for these purposes your customer experience may not be as enjoyable.
Our legitimate interests include:
- analysing and understanding your customer journey and behaviour to improve efficiencies and interaction
- calling you to discuss your collections and any other services that we would like to offer you
In some cases, we will ask whether you would like us to process your personal data. For example, if you submit a query through our website, and you provide a telephone number for us to call to discuss the possible outcomes.
If you provide us with consent, you may withdraw it at any time by contacting us.
When We'll Contact You
We may contact you by telephone shortly after your collection order to discuss your order and to make sure that it all goes smoothly for you. If you do not wish to receive these calls, please contact us by phone, email or post.
We may also contact you when there is a potential issue with your collection.
We like to be able to keep you up to date with news, offers and promotions, but you can opt out of receiving email from us at any time. Should you wish to review our products or services, we may contact you after leaving the review.
Bottom of Form
When You Contact Us
If you get in touch by email / phone to ask a question about your collection or our services, we’ll keep a record of your emails and our responses. This helps us to resolve any problems, and to answer your query quickly and easily if you need to get in touch again. It also helps us to check our advisors have all the training they need to give you the best possible help.
Information We'll Share
We share your information in very limited circumstances set out below:
- where we’re obliged to do so (for example a legal request);
- when we need to work with a third party or core service provider, for example a delivery service.
- with our insurance brokers or insurers for claims (or potential claims) purposes;
If we’re reorganised or sold to another organisation, we will provide your information to that organisation.We’ll never sell your information. We’ll always comply with all relevant data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018).
We sometimes share anonymised information and analytics with third parties but not in a way that they could identify you as an individual.
Transfers to Third Countries
ao.com may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. This will only be as a result of our service providers being based outside of this area e.g. cloud hosting service providers such as WorldPay or Microsoft Azure. We will always ensure that such providers are in a country that has been assessed to provide adequate protection to personal data by the European Commission, or if the service provider signs a contract with us which contains the relevant protections for you; for example, if a company is based in the United States of America and has signed up to the Privacy Shield we may also send personal data to them for the limited purposes referred to above.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it remains necessary in line with the reason that we collected it from you and to meet any legal requirements (such as resolving a dispute). The time that the personal data is kept for is called the retention period. We retain your personal data relating to the purchase of your products for a period of 6 years after your transaction.
You have a set of legal rights in relation to your personal data. These rights are to ensure that you are in control of how your personal data is used by organisations. We have provided a summary of your rights below:
- You have the right to know what personal data we store that relates to you (also known as a subject access request);
- If any personal data is not correct (for example it is old information), you have the right for it to be corrected;
- You have the right to tell us to stop using your personal data for the purpose of sending you direct marketing;
- You have the right to tell us you no longer consent to any processing, which was based on you giving consent;
- You have the right to ask us to no longer process your information based on our legitimate interests. We will stop processing your personal data unless there is a legitimate reason that does not prejudice you.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it is collected. The right to erasure is not an absolute right.
- You have the right to ask for an individual to review any decision made using an automated process.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com
Creating an Account With AO Recycling Limited
Creating an account with AO Recycling Limited gives you the ability to check out more quickly by allowing us to remember your delivery address and payment information, so you don’t have to re-enter those details every time. You can save several addresses and payment options, along with your contact telephone numbers.
We do our part in protecting your account by strongly hashing your password using modern ciphers and cryptographic patterns. Our staff have no way of accessing your password.
In addition, your card details will never be sent, or stored on our platforms. Instead, your details are managed and protected by a dedicated E-commerce credit card payment management company.
It’s important that you also take responsibility for protecting your account information. Make sure your password is suitably complex, don’t share it with others, and try not to use the same one for lots of online accounts. Never send your password by email – we’ll never ask you to do so. We won’t ask you for your password information over the ‘phone; but we can advise you on how to reset it.
It’s a good idea to reset online passwords occasionally, and you can do so through the My Account area. If you think anyone has accessed your account information without your approval, contact us to let us know.
We’re always looking for new ways to improve your shopping experience with us, that’s why we love hearing from you. If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you’d like to amend or stop us from processing your data (for marketing purposes), please contact us. You can get in touch by giving our friendly contact centre a call on +44 (0)1952 583 666 or you can write to us at our registered office address - 5A Parklands, Lostock, Bolton, BL6 4SD.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). You may contact the DPO by writing to us at the registered office address set out above or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is important to us which is why we’ve ensured every part of our site uses secure connections. Look for the green padlock in the address bar and the letters ‘https’, as these should always be present when browsing our site.
We only take orders through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. There’s no way you can order through an unsecured connection.
Cookies are small file containing letters and numbers that is stored in your browser or the hard drive of your device and it is used to transfer information.